Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Success Tips: Everyday Exercise

I've been asked in the past how I make time to hit the gym six days a week. My answer is that I put exercise into my everyday routine, I make it a part of my schedule. However, I realize not everyone has all the time in the world to hit the gym. So, how you can you incorporate exercise into your schedule?

Here's some quick tips:

If you take the bus to work or school, why not ride your bike if it's not extremely far from your home.

Walk to the grocery store. If you know you don't have a ton of groceries to pick up you'll get in a great cardio workout. Not to mention when you leave the store you'll have a little extra weight to carry.

If you live in an apartment complex (such as myself), take the stairs vs. the elevator. The same goes for work.

Even if you're in the middle of cooking dinner grab some soup cans and do some weight lifting. It may sound silly at first, but trust me all of these things can help get you to a healthier you.

Heck, I've even used my cat for extra weight to do some weight lifting. Yes my cat looked at me like I was nuts and didn't understand what I was doing, but she didn't mind it after awhile.

Look for alternative methods and everyday objects to get into shape and remember to eat in moderation, I guarantee your body will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment