Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fitness Model International


















Hey everyone,

I admit I didn't write a blog last week before I took off to Redondo Beach, CA for Fitness Model International. Things were crazy and I can be a procrastinator when I want to be and procrastination seemed to get the best of me last week. BUT I'm officially back home and I don't even know where to begin.

When I left for California at 4:30 a.m. last Wednesday I had no idea what to expect with this conference. I knew that there was going to be a lot of well known fitness professionals within the industry who would be speaking, but I didn't know what I was going to walk away with afterwards.

For all of us that attended, I have to say I think we were all blown away with the amount of information and tools that we were given. We were taught not only how to market ourselves as a brand, but also how to work in front of the camera with posing as well as how to speak on camera correctly. I don't want to give away too much, mainly because I think the guys that put the event together Gary Warren and Clark Bartram could not only explain, but teach you the tools better than I could. I have to say, I definitley got my moneys worth with this conference.

After getting back, I already have a potential opportunity that would help put my face out there and I'm looking forward to progressing. If you'd like more information about this event please check out http://www.fitnessmodelinternational.com/

The other thing I didn't expect walking away from this event is the "family" we created. I've been to events in the past where people aren't always that friendly and are very competitive. With FMI, the people were nothing like this. Everyone had simular goals and ambitions and it was amazing to see so many genuine people in one room. We all supported each other and encouraged one another. Now after the conference, we're all checking up on each other and are continuing the love and support. We've truly created an incredible family and I'm so proud and honored to be apart of this wonderful event.

On a quick side note, I'll be promoting and helping others that attended the event with their projects on here as well as my own so please stay tuned. We all have something different and unique to offer and I'm looking forward to sharing their projects with you.

One last thing I wanted to mention was I finally got to meet one of my two favorite role models in the fitness industry, Amber Elizabeth. She is with me in the photo above. She is truly an amazing person and really down to earth. I feel very lucky to have met her. I'm looking forward to continue watching her success and to hopefully follow in her footsteps.

Stay fit, happy, and healthy! :)

"The first wealth is health." ~ Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment