Thursday, October 1, 2009

A New Beginning

I just started a new chapter in my life and I'm so excited to share my journey with everyone. From my family, to my friends and the public.

I just moved to Seattle and I'm loving city life. Although I miss home (I am and always will be a Montana girl), I'm glad that I chose to come here.

I've had some amazing opportunities presented to me. I just started working with Blue Shoes Media and LOVE IT! I've always found the entertainment industry to be interesting and have been intrigued by the glitz and glamour as well as the creative process.

I've personally been modeling since I was 19 and have worked to build a portfolio. Most of the photographers I have worked with are based in Seattle so it's great to already know some people. I decided last year that I wanted to focus more on creating a healthy body image and I became more involved in eating healthy and exercising more. I realized that fitness/sports modeling seemed to be a great fit for me. Coming from Montana, I'm used to being outdoors. From hiking, biking, horseback riding, skiing (although I don't have much coordination) are just some of the things that I love to do.

SO my first big challenge and big event that I have coming up at the end of this month is attending FMI (Fitness Model International). It's a fitness conference down in Los Angeles and I'm looking forward to networking and meeting new people. I'm so excited for this upcoming opportunity.

For the first time I feel like I'm in the right place at the right time. I'm enjoying watching my dreams unfold and sharing them with the people that are closest to me.

My dreams are to become nationally recognized as a spokesmodel for Cerebral Palsy, since I myself has a mild case of the disability. As well as being a recognizeable fitness/fashion model and actress. I'd like to be a positive role model for kids and adults alike and strive to inspire others to persue their dreams as well. I'd also like to give back to organizations and charities that are close to my heart in a few years.

In the mean time, I'm continuing the on going job search and doing my best to stay positive, happy, and healthy. I've had several ups and downs since I've moved, but I keep saying to myself "what doesn't kill us, makes up stronger."

My goal is to keep everyone updated with a weekly blog, so keep your eyes open and come back for updates! Comments are always welcome. I'm also going to try and always close with a positive, uplifting, and inspiring quote of some kind. So my first quote is....

"If it ain't fun, don't do it." Jack Canfield - Author of Chicken Soup for the Soul books

No comments:

Post a Comment